Oct 1, 2012, 3:23 AM EDT
It was a truly special night at the Linc, and not because the Birds took care of business by dispatching the rival Giants (although that was swell, too). After returning to Philadelphia this summer to retire as a member of the Eagles, Brian Dawkins was added to franchise’s hall of fame and had his iconic number 20 retired on Sunday night in a halftime ceremony.
In case you weren’t on hand to witness it or watching live on PhiladelphiaEagles.com — and really, even if you were — we bring you the full celebration below.
Dawkins also spoke in front of fans before the game, which you can check out at the top, and was even introduced during pregame, actin’ a fool on his way out of the tunnel while donning his midnight green jersey one last time. At long last, it was a great and proper send-off befitting of one of the city’s all-time great players. And, no, Brian Dawkins — thank you.
Next up: Canton.
Many thanks to the poster of this video. For a higher-quality version, head on over to PE.com.
|tcclark on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|psudrozz on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|DenverFlyer on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Bob on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money