Nov 11, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
Bless an NFL beat reporters’ heart, for asking a head coach to reveal even the simplest piece of information—like who is the starting quarterback—can be more challenging than sneaking into Fort Knox.
No, Chip Kelly isn’t ready to name Nick Foles the starter right now, no matter how many different ways it’s asked. And beware, for if you insist that Chip name starter, he might call your number as he did CSN’s Reuben Frank on Monday. Roob might’ve bit off more than he could chew this time.
“I’m gonna name you the starter. You’re starting this week, and I’m excited about it. Let’s fire it up, write the notes, and let’s go.”
In all seriousness, it seems like Kelly is merely stalling at this point. Michael Vick isn’t healthy enough to play, so why get caught up in naming anybody anything? That’s the message here.
“I think what we’ve done for the last two weeks has worked for us pretty good, so we’re gonna stick with that formula [of not naming a starter]. I mean it’s got us 16 touchdowns, no interceptions and two wins, so why would we change?”
No need to change anything right now, Chip. Not now, and not when Vick gets back either.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money