Video: Cullen Jenkins Taunted RGIII Because He Thought Flag On 61-Yard Redskins Touchdown Was On Washington (It Wasn’t)
Nov 19, 2012, 2:17 AM EDT
As if the earlier play when a Redskins wide receiver may have been the most open guy ever en route to a 49yard touchdown wasn’t embarrassing enough, Eagles defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins may have topped that in terms of feeling like an idiot.
You can watch the play in question here. Robert Griffin III heaved up a prayer contested by two Eagles defenders, who were actually positioned pretty well, and Santana Moss. The Redskin obviously came down with the ball and he found a way to fight into the end zone.
If ever there were an opportune time to use “smh,” that was it.
But then the telecast showed that there was a flag on the play and maybe this one was coming back.
Cullen Jenkins thought the same thing. After Jenkins saw the flag, he apparently did a mocking of RGIII’s celebration because he thought the Redskins touchdown was going to be negated by a holding call or something similar.
Alas, the call was on the Eagles and of course the Redskins decline the penalty and keep the six points.
RGIII and Jenkins then had some friendly banter and the Eagle felt “like an idiot.” Watch the pair talk about the moment above.
So, just let this serve as a reminder to all of you athletes out there: don’t taunt the opposing team when you’re losing, after they score a 61-yard touchdown, or just generally when your team hasn’t won a game in a couple of months.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return