Sep 19, 2011, 10:11 AM EDT
The Falcons may have been well on their way to capitalizing on one of several Eagles turnovers, with Ray Edwards picking up a Mike Vick stripping and trucking down the field with two minutes left in the first half. Only problem was, the fastest man on the field was playing to the whistle.
Watch as DeSean Jackson tears up the field and hauls Edwards down.
Looked like a lion hunting a moose, and he even went for the punchout. Gotta love that from a young man who’s playing out the last year of a contract that is dramatically underpaying him. I was wondering after the play happened, how did that ball not come out? The reason’s actually pretty funny.
Edwards, knowing full well his speed in the 100 isn’t why he’s on the field, looked up to see if anyone was coming, eying the gigantic screen above the end zone. He saw DJacc hauling ass after him, and tucked the ball.
Unfortunately, the Falcons would still score on the opportunity afforded by the initial yards Edwards picked up: Matt Ryan found Tony Gonzalez in the back of the end zone to give the Falcons the lead at the half. But, amidst a bitter morning after for Philly fans, there were some great plays by our side, including this one. I dunno, just need to focus on the bright side a bit after a somewhat painful defeat. More on the game on the way.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money