Oct 29, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
It’s October, and it’s snowing. If this isn’t football weather, I don’t know what is. What better way to get you ready for football than video of an actual Eagles cornerback who could both cover and tackle (a novel idea, I know)?
The Eagles will induct such a cornerback into their Honor Roll on Sunday. Eric Allen, who is tied with Bill Bradley and Brian Dawkins for first all-time in Eagles career interceptions (34), will join the late Jim Johnson as the newest member of the Eagles Honor Roll.
Video of Eric Allen after the jump
Allen was a complete corner. He could step up and support the run. He’d tackle receivers over the middle. He could drive on the ball and disrupt the passing game. He also had incredible hands. Those hands enabled him to return a franchise record five interceptions for touchdowns.
He was the perfect corner for the Buddy Ryan and Bud Carson defenses of the late 80′s and early 90′s.
This video is a bit goofy, but it captures every aspect of Allen’s game. You see his incredible pick-six against the Jets, his ability to take on and tackle a running back, his willingness to hit a receiver over the middle. As an added bonus there’s an unbelievable clip of a mulleted and mustachioed Eagles fan yelling “Come on! Do it! Come on!”. It was the Vet at its finest.
|FlyersFan on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|holyhumpinhanna on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|mehhhhh1 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|chutley on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money