May 10, 2005, 7:07 PM EDT
FredEx, the Sultan of Slot, the Slot Machine, Freddie "Hollywood" Mitchell got the boot over the weekend. We were in Chicago so we got the news via our blackberry, but the Daily News headline of "FredExed" seems to say it all. Poor Freddie let his mouth get in the way. I actually enjoyed Freddie as late as his Frohawk days, but the whole Superbowl ordeal was unfortunate. Anyway, Bye Bye Freddie, we will always remember 4th and 26. (unfortunately that’s about all you ever did.)
Even the Soccer peeps are making fun of him.
So, Clint Dempsey, you’re the hottest player in MLS, Sports Illustrated wants to interview you for a story, and you can pick any dining establishment you want, all expenses paid.
"Why don’t we meet at Dunkin’ Donuts?"
You might recall that ex-Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell stuck SI’s Peter King with a $449 dinner tab during the NFL playoffs. For the record, Dempsey — the surging New England Revolution midfielder who leads MLS in scoring — ordered a blueberry muffin (cost: $1.42).
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return