Aug 24, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Philadelphia Magazine had the wonderful idea of putting the men in charge of this city’s two biggest sports teams — both hot off their respective teams pulling off amazing moves in early August — into the same room to talk shop. Andy Reid and Charlie Manuel were somewhat friendly before the meeting, but you get the sense they really hit it off from reading the short excerpt posted online here.
A couple of quick notes on what they talk about.
-They both share a love for Tommy Bahama
-Charlie Manuel never really learned to text message
-Andy Reid, in a somewhat bandwagon fashion, bought his kids Phillies season tickets after Ruben Amaro Jr. managed to bring Cliff Lee back this offseason
And then there’s this:
Philly Mag: Do you pay attention to the media now?
Charlie Manuel: Not at all.
Love it. And look forward to the whole Q&A in the September issue.
|t800m101 on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Bob on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|Marvin Monroe on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
|psudrozz on Getting to know the enemy: Fou…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money