Nov 26, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
How obvious was it that Nick Foles would remain the Eagles’ starting quarterback for the rest of the season? Even Michael Vick thought it would be crazy to pull the second-year passer now.
Chip Kelly would not confirm Foles would be the Birds’ signal-caller when Vick returned from a hamstring injury however—until Tuesday that is. On the team’s first day back at practice following the bye week, the head coach finally admitted what everybody already knew: it’s No. 9’s job now. The announcement and more via CSNPhilly.com’s Geoff Mosher:
“Nick will be our starter,” Kelly said. “Hopefully, we get Mike back for a full week of practice and he’ll be able to be the No. 2 guy this week.”
“They were both fine,” Kelly said. “Mike wants to contribute any way he can. That’s the type of guy he is. He’s a great teammate, great leader. He’s been great for Nick in the games he’s been out, in terms of helping him develop. We’ve got a good situation. We’ve got two quarterbacks who can win games in the NFL, and I think you need both of them.”
Foles now has five games to prove everything he’s accomplished in 2013 was no fluke and he deserves to keep the job beyond this season. PhiladelphiaEagles.com whipped up this slick graphic highlighting just how incredible the new field-general’s numbers are.
The road only gets more difficult from here though. Four of the Eagles’ five remaining opponents have winning records, while only one of their six victories has come against a team that’s at least .500—the Green Bay Packers at 5-5-1.
If Foles can navigate the Birds to the playoffs with this schedule, he’s probably got a heck of a chance to stick as the starter beyond this season.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return