Sep 27, 2012, 12:52 AM EDT
And all it took for a deal to get gone was for the replacement officials to RUIN EVERYTHING.
I don’t know what the refs got, and I don’t care. What I do care about is the lockout has ended, and competent, properly trained officials will be on the field tonight. That’s right, folks, they’re not wasting any time.
I suppose thank yous are in order to the Green Bay Packers for taking the bullet for the rest of the league’s 31 franchises. Sorry it couldn’t have been Dallas.
Actually, I stopped myself from making a similar remark right after the Monday night debacle in Seattle. Sure, we would’ve had a laugh at the Cowboys’ expense, but nobody deserves to have a game flat stolen from them like that, not over this nonsense.
Anyway, at least the viewing experience should go back to normal. The most infuriating aspect of this (besides, you know, Monday night) was all the delays that were a direct result of the replacements’ confusion and inability to maintain control. Football is a great sport, but I haven’t heard the demand for longer games.
That stuff should rear its ugly head far less often, so your DVR will actually record Michael Vick’s next game-winning touchdown drive. Unless, of course, it occurs during overtime…
But it’s settled. I guess now everything will be back to normal soon enough — which means complaining about all the blown calls by the regular officials.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money