Jun 21, 2012, 11:41 AM EDT
Here is a comprehensive list of the reasons why I would like the Flyers to draft 6 foot 2 inch defenseman from Mountain, Ontario, Slater Koekkoek:
1. His first name is “Slater”
2. His last name is “Koekkoek”
I think that’s a fairly exhaustive list, yes?
If you’re looking for more info on Slater, SBNation’s Defending Big D site has him linked to the Flyers:
This defenseman seems to be over his shoulder injury. He showed great strength in the combine. He possesses a good point shot and good closing speed. He has to work on two-step quickness, but he wants the puck on his stick.
But really, it’s the name. Just think of all of the nickname potential.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money