Jan 7, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Even a calloused pessimist has to admit, the prospect of the Flyers dropping the puck against the Penguins in the first game of the season in under two weeks from now is quite exciting. You know who’ll want that first shift and all.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun said Sunday night that the season could still possibly start on January 15th. That’s one week from tomorrow.
While the 15th may still be a possibility, the 19th seems a touch more likely.
As we learned last year, nothing gets the blood boiling or the clicks clicking quite like a little Phiadelphia-Pittsburgh rivalry. Reports late last week pointed to a Flyers-Penguins game to kick off the season on the 19th. That’s just under two weeks away.
If the NHL is looking for ways to get as many eyeballs back as soon as possible, that’s the way to do it.
Many fans may hate the NHL for the lockout but they likely have more fun hating Sidney Crosby even more.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money