Jun 21, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Some folks have been sharing their favorite Danny Briere Flyers memories in our comments section, and we thank you for that and encourage you to continue that discussion here if you like. Just promise us if you decide to make a list that a failed shootout attempt isn’t going to appear anywhere on it.
Philly.com set the tone for their slideshow entitled “Top 10 moments in Danny Briere’s career” with Briere’s penalty shot in the 2012 Winter Classic at Citizens Bank Park – a shot Ranges goaltender Henrik Lundqvist stopped. Come again?
Briere lit the lamp 124 times in the regular season, and an additional 68 times in the postseason while wearing Orange & Black – that’s not even counting up plays he assisted. How on earth does a missed shot make for one of his all-time great plays in a Flyers uniform? Because it happened outdoors?
I assure you we are not making this up, either.
The list has a few other questionable choices and/or omissions in our view, which leads to the question: are these really the top 10 Danny Briere moments? Surely we can do better than this. For Danny.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money