Oct 24, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
The good puck junkies over at Puck Daddy have a post today titled “How Flyers fans are getting screwed for Winter Classic tickets” which does a fantastic job explaining how Flyers fans are getting screwed for Winter Classic tickets. Also, you’re probably not going to the Winter Classic.
Unless, of course, you want to pay out the wazoo on StubHub or the like.
We’re not going to rehash everything Greg Wyshynski outlines, because really he nails all the major points, they key of which is the fact that season ticket holders who want to purchase their tickets to the Winter Classic will also be forced to buy tickets to the exciting alumni game as well as the riveting Phantoms game. This not only puts an extra burden on these season ticket holders but it also keeps others who very much wanted to see any game on the Citizens Bank Park ice out of the front gates.
It’s a bummer for those who initially drooled at the prospect of watching the orange and black play the Rangers outdoors in South Philadelphia. That dream has died for most fans. Unless you’ve been saving up crazy loot for the secondary ticket market.
If you want to get into more of the nitty gritty, check out Puck Daddy’s post, but we’ll give you his jokes:
We know that Bridgestone is the title sponsor for the Classic, but is it too late to switch to Diebold, considering this game is just one giant ATM machine for the NHL and the teams competing in it?
Hell, even the documentary series leading up to the game is on pay
cable (not that we’re [expletive] complaining about [expletive]).
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return