Jun 22, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
As all the Shea Weber and Ryan Suter and Rick Nash talk has died down, the Flyers have become linked to Bobby Ryan.
Well, that sounds just fine to the New Jersey native who grew up a fan of the Orange and Black.
Said Ryan at a charity golf outing in Idaho today:
The quote comes courtesy Flyers’ writer Randy Miller of South Jersey’s Courier-Post, who adds that the Flyers would be Ryan’s first choice should he indeed be dealt.
So, at what cost Ryan?
Both Miller and Tim Panaccio have written today that the Flyers would be interested in offering a package center around James van Reimsdyk but that Anaheim would want more. Miller says it’s Brayden Schenn they’re after, while Panotch’s source is saying it will take both JVR and either Schenner or last year’s Flyers first round pick Sean Couturier.
As for other concerns over cost, Ryan is a plus-$5 million dollar hit and under contract for the next three seasons. JVR’s new contract is set to kick in this season, a deal that will carry a $4.25 million figure against the cap over each of the next six seasons.
For more, check out Matt P.’s take from earlier today on the logistics of a potential Philly-Anaheim swap for Ryan.
Interested in Ryan? (If yes, what would you be willing to part with?)
Either way, he’s certainly interested in you.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money