Apr 20, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
Well, the playoffs are continuing the trend we saw for most of the regular season. The Flyers do not have a single starter in net. As he did for 82 games, Peter Laviolette will go with the hot hand tonight in Buffalo. Sergei Bobrovsky had a solid one-goal-against outing in the Flyers’ opening game loss, then let up three goals on the first seven shots he faced. Brian Boucher came in and locked up the cage, and the Flyers left the ice with the series even.
So it’s no real surprise that Boosh will start game three. However, there are some media indications that Michael Leighton will likely be the backup, and Bob will be in the press box as a healthy scratch. Leighton was great down the stretch for Adirondack, but he hasn’t seen NHL action all season, much less playoff hockey. Still, Lavvy may just feel he knows what he has in Boosh and Leighton, two veterans with experience in a wide variety of situations, including high-stakes games. Nik Zherdev is also likely to play tonight, taking Andreas Nodl’s spot.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money