Jan 15, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
It’s finally official. Paul Holmgren announced on Tuesday evening that Claude Giroux has been named the 19th Captain of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Claude commented via a statement on the Flyers website:
“Obviously, this is a huge honor,” Giroux said. “There have been a lot
of great captains here in the past. Along with this comes a lot of
responsibility which I am prepared for. Being named captain is not
really going to change the way I play on the ice and act off the ice.
But I am very excited about this opportunity.”
Earlier in the day we posted about Claude being ranked the third best hockey player in the world by TSN.
Congrats to G on the honor. Time to lead.
— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) January 16, 2013
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return