Sep 21, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
This week’s Comment of the Week Sponsored by Misconduct Tavern comes with the Flyers returning to the ice last night for some preseason action in Toronto.
Also, don’t forget about our The700Level.com Meetup and Eagles Game Watch on December 1st at Misconduct, located at 15th and Locust in Center City. $3 beer specials along with a $3 bar snack menu. Come hang with the Levelers and watch some Iggles football.
This week’s winner of a $40 gift card to Misconduct Tavern, commenter vgp, writes about how he missed Flyers hockey and shares some thoughts on Eric Lindros:
Even preseason hockey is still hockey. Got to get used to the new guys.
It is a little odd seeing 17 out there who isn’t carter. I can’t
believe Rinaldo scored. He’s a lunatic.
On a separate note, I watched a show on NHL Network on Eric Lindros.
Basically it chronicled the career of the big guy from being drafted by
Quebec to him retiring. They interviewed Bob Clarke throughout. I’m
not sure where most people here stand on E, but I thought Clarke was an
a-hole throughout. Even during this show, he was bitter. Never gave E
any real credit even saying some stuff that if Eric really cared about
hockey, he would have just played for Quebec. The guy was the greatest
individual player I’ve seen on the Flyers and laid it out on the ice
every night and Clarke still has hurt feelings because Eric didn’t trust
the team doctors (who almost killed him).
It’s interesting how many things that happened ten years ago are handled
differently now. Everyone gets second opinions from their own doctors
and concussions are handled much more carefully. You’re not considered a [wuss] if you miss time for a concussion.
Good show, but Clarke pissed me off.
|Tom on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|thekrisheim on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|philsoc8 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return