Oct 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
In the video above we have Cluade Giroux, Braydon Coburn, and Scott Hartnell discussing the departure of Peter Laviolette, who was ousted from his post as head coach of the Flyers on Monday. Obviously there are a lot of mixed feelings in the dressing room right now, but everybody seems to understand they weren’t getting the job.
Moves like these are a side effect of efforts such as the ones the Flyers have given in their first three games of the season, all losses.
With that chapter behind them, now the players must move on with the Craig Berube era beginning Tuesday night against the the Florida Panthers, and the changes will run deeper that who’s standing behind the bench. Berube will surely make some tweaks to if not overhaul Laviolette’s system, but for starters he’s mixing up the top three lines again and even the defensive pairings in his first game as an NHL head coach. Per Sarah Baicker:
Regular readers know how I feel about taking Jake Voracek off of the Giroux line, but he may be battling a lower back injury still. Regardless of who’s skating with who, G needs to step up.
Berube expanded on the defensive changes a bit.
“I didn’t see much from the pairings that were going on, so I made some changes with what I thought,” Berube said. “Coby and Grossy is a shutdown pair, and Streit and Meszaros can both move the puck real well, and I thought that Kimmo and Schenner were good last year together.”
Will all of the changes result in the Flyers getting into the win column for the first time this season? We’ll see. It sounds like the players are expecting some adjustment under Berube. But then I suppose that’s the point.
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return