Apr 11, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
One of the absolute best scenes in HBO’s 24/7 series leading up to the Flyers-Rangers big Winter Classic matchup was getting a peak in to the Philadelphia locker room following a nice win. HBO gave us a chance to see our orange and black celebrate with teammates, dance like kids, and just look generally goofy and giddy all while listening to Mac Miller’s “Knock, Knock” song on the iPod.
The Flyers have taken that tradition and put it on the front of their 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff t-shirts.
The Daily News’ Frank Seravalli snapped the photo of the shirt to your right prior to this evening’s match up with the Penguins in game one in Pittsburgh. The “16 Knock Knocks” means that the Flyers will get to listen to that song after winning 16 more games this season, the same number that would allow them to hoist Lord Stanley’s Cup for the first time in decades.
Seravalli also talks about the nice touch on the sleeve of the shirt, “According to equipment manager Derek Settlemyre, the quote on the right sleeve, which is “What a Great Day,” originates from Jaromir Jagr‘s mouth daily.”
The Flyers will reportedly wear the shirts under their gear during the playoffs. Sadly, they will not be made available to the public.
16 more knock, knocks, please. Giddy up.
From the Archives: 24/7 Instant Classic: Flyers’ Celebration Dance Party
|Tom on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|thekrisheim on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|philsoc8 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|psudrozz on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return