Mar 15, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The Flyers are coming off one of their most complete wins of the season, a contest in which they created offensive pressure, took advantage of opportunities, and shut down the Devils attack in front of a third-straight shutout from Ilya Bryzgalov. Oh, and Danny Briere finally found the back of the net, albeit an empty netter. Whatever it takes to get him going again.
They’ll take on the Islanders tonight up on Long Island as Bryz looks to continue his stellar run in net.
Not to get ahead of our *KNOCK KNOCK* selves a bit, but Bryzgalov could put himself atop some rare company if he throws down another shutdown performance this evening. Bryz’s current shutout streak stands at 196:13, just about a half hour short of the Flyers record of 227:40 set by John Vanbiesbrouck back in 1999. Hopefully there will be some high fives midway through the second period and more importantly at the end of the night.
Bryz will be tested by the Islanders, specifically scoring threat John Tavares who has been on a tear of late, notching three points in a shootout loss to the Capitals on Wednesday night while reaching the 30-goal plateau. He has also scored in three-straight games, netting four goals and six points over that span.
The Flyers have weathered some challenges from the Isles this season, and they’ll aim to improve upon their 3-1-1 record against them in tonight’s season series finale.
7:00 puck drop on CSN from the lovely Nassau Coliseum. Hopefully the Flyers can prevent the Islanders from smelling the Roses and get a little Nassau Jam going this evening.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money