Mar 28, 2011, 5:59 PM EDT
Peter Laviolette may be keeping his playoff starter to himself when talking with the media, but he continues to make us wonder if he’s tipping his hand in favor of Sergei Bobrovsky. Bob will get his third straight start tonight, with the latter two coming against the two closest Eastern Conference teams in the standings, the Capitals and the Penguins. He had a frightful performance against the Caps, yanked early in the second period, but Lavvy will give him another shot against the cross-state rival Pens tonight.
Like the Caps on Tuesday, the Penguins come to town down a few key players. Sidney Crosby is still out with a concussion (going on three months), Evgeni Malkin is done for the season, Brooks Orpik is sidelined, and Matt Cooke is serving out his universally agreed upon suspension. Backup Brent Johnson, who has drawn some starts against the Flyers, is also scratched, so we’ll definitely see the Flower in net.
Despite the loss, the Flyers turned in a great performance on Tuesday, something they can really build on tonight with another contender in town. All season, Bobrovsky has been better than he was for 25 minutes against the Caps. There’s plenty of reason to believe he can rebound and have a great performance under the lights tonight.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money