Feb 20, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
“It’s more intense than anything I had in the Western Conference,” Wayne Simmonds told the Inquirer. “Anaheim was our biggest rivalry when I played with L.A. But
last year, when I stepped on the ice, it felt like both teams wanted to
take each others’ heads off. It definitely makes for exciting hockey for
the fans, and as a player, these are the type of games that I like to
play in. I can’t wait to get it started tonight.”
Wayne speaks the truth. A little rivalry hockey is certainly more exciting for the fans in the arena and those of us sitting at home. It doesn’t get much better than Flyers-Penguins over the past few matchups.
A lot was made about Claude Giroux calling out his team over the weekend and the way they bounced back to wallop the Islanders. Was Giroux speaking out truly a spark or are the Islanders simply a terrible team? Probably a bit of both.
How the orange and black respond tonight should be a bigger test. Timmy P. calls it a measuring stick game while Wayne Simmonds says it’s desperation time.
The lines should be the same as they were in Monday’s sweet win. 7:30 puck drop on NBC Sports Network. Good news for you out of towners.
Notes: Hartnell has been cleared to practice and you could see him playing in 7-10 days.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money