Apr 15, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
We’ve already covered many of our thoughts heading into tonight’s series opener between the Flyers and the Sabres at the Wells Fargo Center. The Orange & Black left us with more questions than we’d have wanted to end the regular season, but I think that most of us know they are still good enough to come out hot, and from there, who knows what could happen. I still firmly believe this team has the talent to win it all, although I’m just interested in tonight at the moment. What I know for sure is that last year’s playoff run was one of the great times in our lives as Flyers fans, and that’s all I’m focusing on now that the 2011 postseason is about to begin.
I don’t care about the losses down the stretch or really anything aside from the promise of another great ride with the possibility of something that would top any previous Flyers experience for those of us born after the mid-70s glory days.
Rather than worry about a rookie goalie, I’m thinking about how the NHL has seen some kids really step up between the pipes and make history for their franchises this time of year. I’m thinking about what Bob’s legacy would be if he joined those ranks. I don’t mean to get ahead of myself, rather just to head into the postseason with great expectations rather than concerns. If the latter await, there’s nothing anyone can do about it now. Time to just jump in.
There’s also been concern over the Flyers’ recent record at home. Those of us who will be heading to the games need to help turn that all around by making the atmosphere something they have no choice but to respond to. One of the great thrills of being a fan is going to a Flyers playoff game. The place can just go absolutely insane. I think we can still take it up a notch though, and that starts with this series—tonight if you have tickets. Be the one getting loud early. Everyone else wants to, they might just need someone to start it up
We’re all also really looking forward to what we hope is another great postseason ride with all our readers and commenters. One of the things that gets us going is reading your thoughts, good and bad, about these games and players.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return