Dec 23, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
It’s Friday night, the eve of Christmas Eve, and the NHL scheduling gods have given us the exact matchup we’ll see on January 2 at Citizens Bank Park. The Flyers are in New York to face the Rangers, surely a big storyline for the next installment of HBO’s 24/7.
Holiday hockey and YOU!
Ilya Bryzgalov is in net for the Flyers, who will be without Danny Briere for the night. Briere is day-to-day with a bum hand after taking a shot to the glove last game.
One game after getting a center back in Claude Giroux, the Flyers are once again shallow up the middle. At least they’ll have some time to heal up between tonight and their next game, which is on Tuesday in Tampa.
The Rangers played last night, with Martin Biron in goal for a 4-2 win over the Islanders. That slots Henrik Lundqvist for tonight, and who would have it any other way.
The Flyers haven’t scored at MSG in their last two outings there. They’ll probably be looking to improve on that mark.
On top of the Winter Classic stuff, these two teams are battling for the division lead. If the Flyers win, they’ll also grab a momentary share of the league’s best point total.
We’re well into our Christmas already, so we may or may not be around with some updates on the game later. I wouldn’t scrutinize for typos too closely though.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money