Oct 18, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Expect to see Sergei Bobrovsky sitting in the upper deck of the Ottawa arena with his catching glove on prior to game time. He is starting his first game of the season tonight as the Flyers take on the Senators.
While it’s easy to feel bad for the kid who earned a starting job out of camp last season but lost it to a big-name, big-money, big-years signing the next off-season, the end result for the Flyers and their fans is one of the best goaltending tandems in the league. It’s great not to take a step back when a workhorse starter needs a break, nor to have your team’s fortunes focus entirely on the health of one goalie.
Even the guys who regularly put in huge workloads can break down at a moment’s notice, and the flyers have great insurance in Bob.
Plus, he was one of the more likable players and exciting story lines to develop from the start of last season, so he certainly has his share of fans walking around the Wells Fargo Center rocking his sweater. Hopefully he can get himself off to a hot start tonight and get the Flyers back to their winning ways.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money