Feb 28, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
Ah, to be born on of Feb. 28 or March 1 and not have to fake your birthday like those weird Feb. 29 kids. This guy knows what we’re talking about.
Anyway, Happy 40th Birthday, Eric Lindros. The Big E is over the hill.
In honor of the occasion, SI’s Extra Mustard crew has put together these eight pictures of a young Lindros mostly lounging around, save for when he’s water skiing and receiving the Hart trophy.
Watching two-thirds of the Legion of Doom skate at Citizens Bank Park during last year’s Winter Classic alumni game — on a line with Mark Recchi, no less — you can’t deny there was a thought in your head, that even though they were playing a bunch of old dudes, “maybe these guys can still play.”
Then again, it was good just to see that Lindros and the organization had buried the hatchet — and not in each other’s foreheads. As two of his former defenseman said after the game:
“There was really no difference,” Desjardins said, of skating again with No. 88. “We just give him the puck, and he does the rest.”
“He looked happy,” Therien said. “He looked like something was put to bed.”
Here’s E nearly killing Andreas Dackell and a couple other videos for your enjoyment. Best part is him looking pissed off afterwards and basically telling the Ottawa bench to go F itself.
Favorite or least favorite Lindros memory? (Game 7 against the Devils we know, we know, we know, we know.)
Leave ‘em below:
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return