Jun 23, 2011, 4:56 PM EDT
Ed Snider got the No. 1 goalie he’s always wanted as the Flyers have reportedly come to an agreement with Ilya Bryzgalov on a 9-year, $51 million deal. Info from Flyers beat man Anthony SanFilippo’s source, who adds that an agreement is in place but hasn’t officially been signed.
While the 9-years is a head-scratcher upon first glance, the cap hit is a decent one. As we learned today, long-term deals don’t exactly mean a whole lot in the NHL.
The Flyers gained a goalie today, but lost two of their most beloved players along the way. You have to wonder if that stigma will hang over Ilya down the road.
more as we hear it…
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money