Jun 23, 2011, 4:56 PM EDT
Ed Snider got the No. 1 goalie he’s always wanted as the Flyers have reportedly come to an agreement with Ilya Bryzgalov on a 9-year, $51 million deal. Info from Flyers beat man Anthony SanFilippo’s source, who adds that an agreement is in place but hasn’t officially been signed.
While the 9-years is a head-scratcher upon first glance, the cap hit is a decent one. As we learned today, long-term deals don’t exactly mean a whole lot in the NHL.
The Flyers gained a goalie today, but lost two of their most beloved players along the way. You have to wonder if that stigma will hang over Ilya down the road.
more as we hear it…
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return