Ilya Bryzgalov Hasn’t Forgotten About That Time the Press Wrote About His Thoughts on Monkeys in Space
Dec 11, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Quote Taylor Swift: “This is exhausting.”
The last time we addressed Ilya Bryzgalov’s dealings with the KHL media, I suggested we send Tim Panaccio to Russia and told Michael Leighton to put his pads on.
Well, the Flyers’ franchise goaltender — not Leighton — is back in the news for his latest exchange with the Russian media.
Late Sunday night, a report or two questioned whether Bryzgalov had gotten injured in Russia, considering his name was removed a European tournament roster following a health exam. Someone who speaks Russian (hard-hitting journalism here) tweeted at Sam Carchidi, after he posited the injury question, to let him know Bryz was just sick with a virus that had been going around his team’s locker room.
Sports Express: Why are not you on the team? You have really a health problem?
Bryzgalov: Sorry, but, unfortunately, I’m not ready to talk in detail with the press.
The thing is that now I am in the Mission Control Center, you wrote about in our last interview. Astronaut suit on me. And you will understand that it disturbs me to communicate.
Deadspin speculates Bryzgalov is possibly referring to a story from last May, when he said during the Flyers’ playoff run that he would have liked to have been an astronaut had he not become a goaltender. You may remember this related photoshop.
Doesn’t seem like the Russian or Philly beat writers are in for any majors changes any time soon and Bryzgalov still has eight years left on his nine-year, $51 million deal.
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money