Ilya Bryzgalov Hasn’t Forgotten About That Time the Press Wrote About His Thoughts on Monkeys in Space
Dec 11, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Quote Taylor Swift: “This is exhausting.”
The last time we addressed Ilya Bryzgalov’s dealings with the KHL media, I suggested we send Tim Panaccio to Russia and told Michael Leighton to put his pads on.
Well, the Flyers’ franchise goaltender — not Leighton — is back in the news for his latest exchange with the Russian media.
Late Sunday night, a report or two questioned whether Bryzgalov had gotten injured in Russia, considering his name was removed a European tournament roster following a health exam. Someone who speaks Russian (hard-hitting journalism here) tweeted at Sam Carchidi, after he posited the injury question, to let him know Bryz was just sick with a virus that had been going around his team’s locker room.
Sports Express: Why are not you on the team? You have really a health problem?
Bryzgalov: Sorry, but, unfortunately, I’m not ready to talk in detail with the press.
The thing is that now I am in the Mission Control Center, you wrote about in our last interview. Astronaut suit on me. And you will understand that it disturbs me to communicate.
Deadspin speculates Bryzgalov is possibly referring to a story from last May, when he said during the Flyers’ playoff run that he would have liked to have been an astronaut had he not become a goaltender. You may remember this related photoshop.
Doesn’t seem like the Russian or Philly beat writers are in for any majors changes any time soon and Bryzgalov still has eight years left on his nine-year, $51 million deal.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return