Oct 27, 2011, 11:39 PM EDT
In the aftermath of the Flyers’ 9-8 loss to the Winnipeg Jets, Ilya Bryzgalov—who didn’t even start the game—took full responsibility for his side not winning. Bryz was emotional, clearly upset with himself for failing to help his team complete a monumental comeback.
When asked by Panotch whether the game was harder because of “the mess” in front of him, Bryz didn’t take the bait this time.
Gotta wonder if we ever see that tiger mask again…
On the one hand, the last thing you want to see is a visibly shaken goaltender (particularly one signed for 9 years). On the other, maybe Bryz needed to push off the bottom of the pool before coming back to the surface. The defense has been bad, and especially in the Jets loss, so was the goaltending. Jeff Reese has his hands full, but it’s too early to be overly worried.
Here’s video from the locker room, I believe shot and uploaded by Anthony San Filippo of the Delaware County Daily Times. Drop me a line if I have the video source wrong and I’ll update it.
Photo by Eric Hartline-US PRESSWIRE
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money