Nov 8, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
This probably isn’t a good sign.
Ilya Bryzgalov, who jumped ship for the KHL, is acting worryingly Bryz-like.
At the bottom of an early-morning lockout update, the Inqy’s Sam Carcidi has a note about Bryzgalov rebuffing the Russian media. For reference, he’s 2-4 with 2.92 GAA and a .892 save percentage.
After his last game, he got testy with the media. Asked about the win, Bryzgalov, according to Sportbox.ru, replied, “What do you want me to say? You’ve been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview?” Bryzgalov was quoted as saying his wife and parents forbade him from doing interviews.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express (via ProHockeyTalk) managed to pick up this video of the incident and translated one of the quotes from the all-in-Russian clip, coming up with, “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”
So … it’s not just the Philly media he doesn’t get along with.
I have no idea what they’ve been writing about him over there, but clearly he already feels the need to stonewall.
You know what, NHL? Stay locked out. I don’t want to deal with this when he gets back. And, you, Michael Leighton, stay loose.
Somebody get Panotch to Russia. Introduce him to Ilya’s parents. That’ll help. Also tell them not to read this post.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money