May 9, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
The English translations of Ilya Bryzgalov’s interviews with the Russian media are always fairly fascinating. You just get the sense that he’s more comfortable talking to them or not afraid to tell them exactly how he feels. Or maybe he just doesn’t have to mince words. He can just say exactly what he thinks.
Puck Daddy has a translation today from a Russian news outlet that makes you want to pull for the guy who, let’s be honest, is overly scrutinized in this town. My only real thoughts on that though, seem to be it’s an unavoidable part of the job in Philadelphia. If you’re the goalie of the Flyers or the quarterback of the Eagles, you’re going to need to have some thick skin. I think Bryz has that for the most part, but he does seem to get bothered by it at times.
Here are two quotes from the chat. Click here for the whole thing.
Q. Is there a serious longstanding conflict between the Philadelphia media and yourself?
BRYZ: “A conflict? A “broken telephone” exists everywhere. I’d say we have a very complex relationship.”
That seems fair to me.
Do you try to avoid the Internet altogether?
“What do you mean? I am not completely removed from the world. If I need to find something, I use the internet to do that.”
How long can you be without the Internet?
“A week. I am quite self-sufficient.”
But he’s no Paul Miller.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money