Mar 9, 2013, 9:23 PM EST
“Like Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans, HE WILL FIND US.” — Jon Stewart
Following their 3-0 loss to Boston on Saturday, the Flyers recalled Michael Leighton and reassigned Brian Boucher to the far reaches of northern New York.
Lord Voldemort started the season as the Flyers’ backup goaltender but was placed on injured reserve on Feb. 10 after sustaining a UBI in practice. In his only action, Leighton stopped just 21 of 26 shots in a 5-1 loss to the Lightning.
Boucher made four appearances for the Flyers thereafter, three of which came in relief of Ilya Bryzgalov. Boosh — as lovable as he is and a Flyer-for-life — did nothing in those four appearances to convince the fans or the organization that he has much left in the tank.
This all takes us back to Bryzgalov, who leads the league in games played (24) but now owns a horrid .899 save percentage and has evidenced a genuine inability to stop anyone one-on-one.
Consequently, it’s possible Leighton gets the nod in net Sunday at Buffalo. The call-up would seem to suggest that’s in the cards. Posts are unlikely to be hugged.
We mentioned earlier this week that the Flyers need to re-evaluate their personnel in an effort to better help Bryzgalov. Though it seems doubtful, the team has to hope Leighton will be able to spell him every now and again. If not, we’re likely in for more of the same, with Bryz’s games-played total climbing as his save percentage continues to plummet. In either case, they’re in a bad place right now.
Cue amnesty considerations and watch this video, which is specifically included for the 2:20 mark.
|The Evster on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Mungman on Why the upcoming free agency b…|
|Turbo on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|philsoc8 on Which Philadelphia Union playe…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return