May 4, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
Making last night’s overtime loss to the Devils even worse is that Mike Richards and the Los Angeles Kings, who already eliminated the top-seeded Vancouver Canucks in round one, are now up 3-0 on the second-seeded St. Louis Blues.
No, Richie isn’t the captain in L.A., but that hasn’t stopped him from being a leader in the playoffs. After his team’s 4-2 victory over the Blues Thursday, the former Flyer is tied for second on the Kings in scoring with eight points in eight games.
As the Kings pushed to within one game of the Western Conference Finals, Richards recorded a goal, assist and a fight for a Gordie Howe hat trick.
In other words, Richie is nine wins away from requiring Delaware River Port Authority personnel to secure bridges. Oh, and the best part is, that every year until the Flyers win a Cup, we get to experience this kind of panic.
But he was surly! — or something.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money