Jun 23, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
Earlier today, I wondered what a barrage of major trades like the Flyers sending away Mike Richards and Jeff Carter would have been like for fans prior to the the internet’s complete domination of the media. Presumably, Mike Richards would have found out some way other than via twitter or TSN.com that his career as a Flyer was over. Via the AP’s Dan Gelston and everyone on the Richards media call tonight, we found out how Richie found out.
Richie also said he wouldn’t have signed his long-term contract if he knew he was going to be traded. If it’s tough for you to say goodbye to the captain, it sounds like the feeling is mutual. He and Carter wanted to win a Cup, and retire, together as Flyers. Signed through the rest of the decade, that was the reality most fans were hoping for as well. Time to readjust those sights.
Click here for full audio of Richie’s media availability being introduced as a member of the Los Angeles Kings, via Anthony SanFilippo of the DelcoTimes (forward to 2:25 mark).
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money