Apr 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Thoughts go out to the entire city of Boston after such a joyful day was marred by something so awful. Having spent my college years living in Chestnut Hill and Brighton, celebrating the Boston Marathon with the entire city was truly one of the best days of the year. Seeing today’s news was simply heart-wrenching.
Phillies closer and longtime Boston resident Jonathan Papelbon spoke about the tragedy prior to tonight’s game in Cincinnati, noting that he used to live right where one of the explosions occurred. It was tough for him to put his feelings into words.
Three Philly teams are in action tonight. It’s Cliff Lee (2-0, 1.08) vs. Bronson Arroyo (1-1, 5.25) and the Reds in a 7:00 pm start. Freddy Galvis gives Chase Utley the night off. The Flyers also take on the Canadiens in Montreal at 7:30 pm. The Sixers take on the Pistons in Detroit at 7:30 pm as well.
Sports are on tonight to distract you for a while. Feel free to chat about it all in the comments.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money