Jul 24, 2012, 3:16 PM EST
ProHockeyTalk put it best this morning:
“The Flyers could have Chris Pronger or Shea Weber next year — or neither.”
They certainly won’t have Weber now.
The Flyers signed Weber to a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet last Thursday, leaving the Nashville Predators with one week to match or pass.
After taking the time to weigh their options, the Preds announced in a press release on their website this afternoon that they will indeed match the contract, the largest in their franchise’s history, and keep their captain.
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Z on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Corey on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages