Jul 21, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
While we wait out this endless week for the Predators to decide whether they will — and perhaps more importantly, can — match the offer sheet for Shea Weber, the Flyers still aren’t finished looking for ways to improve their club. According to a report, Phoenix Coyotes unrestricted free agent Shane Doan is in town visiting the team on Saturday.
Of course, Doan would prefer to remain in Phoenix with the franchise he’s played for the entirety of his 16-year career, but with the future there uncertain, he could be lured away. Doan’s apparent lack of interest in leaving hasn’t stopped front offices from making offers either, including one rumored deal from an unknown Eastern Conference club said to be four years, $30 million.
The 35-year-old is obviously considering his options as the ownership saga drags on, but we don’t want you to get your hopes up just yet. While in New York for CBA talks, Doan also visited the Rangers, so Philadelphia is sort of a stop along the way. The Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi adds Doan is more of a secondary option to the Flyers at this point should they lose out on Weber.
Doan would be a great addition to virtually any bench, but it doesn’t feel very likely it will be here. Still, you have to love the fact that Paul Holmgren is exploring every option under the sun to get the Cup back to this city.
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return