Nov 14, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
And that’s a perfectly horrifying headline.
Before this goes any further, we should clarify right up front that we’re using “reasonable” in the positive “this is how things are” sense and not the normative “everything is outrageous and should be cheaper” sense, which we’re sympathetic to.
Anyway, this graph below was created by SaveonBrew.com (whose little mascot dude I love) and found after wading through a lot of other stuff on Darren Rovell’s twitter feed. For a larger look, click on it and blow it up.
The key to what you’re looking at here is not necessarily the price, but rather the price per ounce, and in that sense, you’ll notice Wells Fargo Center is, at least according to the grahic, actually a shockingly cost-effective place to get drunk when compared to many of its NHL counterparts.
The obvious caveat: it’s unclear exactly how and why the prices on the pucks came to represent the entire building. As at least one of you is already typing in the comments before you finish reading, “THAT’S NOT TRUE I’VE PAID $9 FOR A 12 OZ. BEER AT STAND X.”
Indeed, you are correct, sir. And I’ve paid $13 bucks for some kind of large (possibly 24 oz.) Molson up on the second level. I’m pretty sure a similarly sized Miller Lite is $11 at that same spot.
So I can’t say I know where these prices or these 20 oz. beers are coming from. Anyone who frequents and/or works at the building that could point us in this magically frothy direction?
Either way, I advise you to continue aggressive tailgate activities in the back part of the parking lot that sits under 95. You know, the hot spot.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return