Oct 10, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Yes, the preseason was totally cancelled and we’ve already done away with the first two weeks of the regular season, but, hey, at least we have ice.
The photo above, courtesy CSN’s Sarah Baicker, is from Wednesday morning at the Wells Fargo Center. From what she tells us, actually making and setting the ice is kind of a process and takes multiple days.
With the Sixers due to begin their season soon, and considering how infrequently the building is ever vacant for a long stretch, it seems like this was a possible case of “we better do it now, or else we won’t be able to for a while.”
We are now 25 days into the NHL Lockout. Seems longer.
To help pass the time…
|greg on Playoff hockey returns to the…|
|chester on Watch Cliff Lee, who is awesom…|
|chester on It doesn’t matter what w…|
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money