Oct 10, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Yes, the preseason was totally cancelled and we’ve already done away with the first two weeks of the regular season, but, hey, at least we have ice.
The photo above, courtesy CSN’s Sarah Baicker, is from Wednesday morning at the Wells Fargo Center. From what she tells us, actually making and setting the ice is kind of a process and takes multiple days.
With the Sixers due to begin their season soon, and considering how infrequently the building is ever vacant for a long stretch, it seems like this was a possible case of “we better do it now, or else we won’t be able to for a while.”
We are now 25 days into the NHL Lockout. Seems longer.
To help pass the time…
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return