Jan 4, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
New York Rangers coach John Tortorella had some choice words for the refs following his team’s victory over the Flyers in the Winter Classic on Monday, noting that their calls were probably influenced by the executives at NBC likely wanting a wild finish.
Today, he apologized interestingly:
following Wednesday’s Rangers practice in Greenburgh, N.Y.
UPDATE: Torts was fined for the initial words despite his apology:
Told the fine assessed to Tortorella is significant.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 4, 2012
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return