Feb 21, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
We’ve played the Penguinfreude game before, and we’ll play it again. Honestly, it’s a good game.
Today’s quote roundup comes from this lede and this close in two separate articles from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
Many believe a two-goal lead is the most dangerous in hockey.
Others contend a three-goal edge has that distinction.
Truth is, the game’s most dangerous lead might be any that the Penguins get against Philadelphia at Consol Energy Center.
If there ever was a game destined to end on something entirely fluky,
this was it, so Jakub Voracek decided he would complete his hat trick
with a shot from behind the net, around Orpik, through Vokoun, and into
the increasingly tortured history of this series.
Tortured seems pretty strong. Strong is good.
Speaking of Brooks Orpik, he’s having flashbacks:
“It was like in the playoffs, when they get behind they like to target certain guys and, for some reason, we like to retaliate,” Orpik said.
And Pens coach Dan Bylsma, who can’t seem to control his team:
“We got too emotional in the game, too involved with the extracurriculars down the line,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. “It took away from the game.
“That was something they needed, something they got involved in and got energy going their way. We knew it was a tactic they were going to use.”
The Flyers next meet the Penguins on March 7 at Wells Fargo Center.
Until then, here’s Wayne Simmonds fighting, assisting and scoring and Sidney Crosby making a face.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money