Jun 14, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
One of the nice things about the Flyers is they are and always have been willing to spend in free agency — when the club has room under the cap, that is. This summer, a stud blue liner is at the top of the wish list, and the consensus best defenseman available seems to be Nashville’s Ryan Suter, so GM Paul Holmgren should just go out and sign him, right?
Not so fast. In a report filed on Thursday afternoon, Tim Panaccio revealed the 2012 All Star and former seventh overall pick does not want to come to Philadelphia. Burn.
According to Panotch’s source, Suter gave the Predators a list of teams he is willing to talk to if his rights are traded before free agency opens on July 1, and the Flyers are not one of them. No reason was stated for Suter’s choices, but the report adds every team on the list plays in the Western Conference.
If true, the news is disappointing. While nothing is official on Chris Pronger, his return to the ice remains doubtful. Matt Carle is also heading to free agency, and although Panaccio says the Flyers are trying to re-sign him under the $5 million mark, the prospect of his return makes some fans sick to their stomach. Still, the team has to do something.
Of course there are always other options, perhaps even a trade or a restricted free agent (Suter’s teammate Shea Weber, for instance), but nothing beats landing the top guy on the market without giving something up in exchange. If Suter isn’t willing to talk, what’s your next move?
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages