Jul 2, 2012, 11:28 AM EST
The start to NHL free agency has lacked a flutter of activity. Most believe that is because the entire NHL world is waiting to see where Zach Parise and Ryan Suter decide to play next. Their likely large contract currently sitting out there prevent many teams from making other moves.
Yesterday, CSN Flyers Insider Tim Panaccio tweeted that the Flyers made offers to both Parise and Suter and that they were in excess of 12 years and $80 milliion. Today, he adds that if it’s all about the money, the Flyers would win out.
from what I have been told: if it’s strictly $$, Flyers get both Parise/Suter based on offers.
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) July 2, 2012
A Parise pairing with Claude Giroux did give many Flyers fans a wet dream last night, but are 12 year contracts ever a good idea? Your initial impression of these rumors?
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages