Nov 8, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
How about some happy Flyers news to turn those frowns upside down? How does that sound?
Good, right? Right!
If you would, Flyer fans, take a deep breath, forget about what happened last night against the Devils and take a look up north to the Ontario Hockey League where Flyers’ prospect and Oshawa Generals center Scott Laughton is torching the league and leaving nothing but dust in his wake.
Laughton, a 19-year-old whom the Flyers selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, is mercilessly terrorizing opposing defenders to the tune of 14 goals and 14 assists in 14 games played. For those of you that are unsteady when it comes to math, that’s an average of two points per game.
I’d say that’s pretty darn good.
The cherry on top of his spectacular season so far was this ridiculous goal he scored this past Sunday against Peterborough. The guys over at Broad Street Hockey first had something on it earlier in the week.
My goodness, that was filthy.
To recap, Laughton cuts down the wing, dangles through a defender’s legs, blows past said defender, dekes the poor goalie’s jock into the 12th row and backhands the puck into a wide-open net.
For those wondering why Laughton isn’t in the AHL with the Phantoms right now, the Flyers weren’t able to do that due to NHL/Canadian Hockey League transfer rules that state a player of his age has to either play in the NHL or head back to juniors. The Flyers decided Laughton needed some more seasoning and sent him back to Oshawa in early October
Laughton seems to be the first “can’t-miss” prospect the Flyers have had in sometime.
Therefore, if there were any player in the entire organization right now that would be untouchable, you’d have to think it would be Laughton.
That said, we all know how this organization works and how all different types of rumors can float around. The fact that the Flyers are playing so poorly right now doesn’t make anyone in the organization untouchable if it means greatly improving the team.
But, as of now, Laughton looks like a keeper the Flyers shouldn’t even ponder moving.
|psudrozz on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|willh888 on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|Hockey on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money