Jan 12, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
are up on the Island tonight, getting ready to face a club just
slightly ahead of the one they beat in Carolina on Tuesday. The
Islanders are fresh off a 5-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings, which
actually tends to happen more than you’d think. Detroit is one of the
few teams in the league that has trouble beating them. The Flyers are
not, a trend we hope continues tonight.
Sergei Bobrovsky will be rewarded for his stellar play against the
Hurricanes with another start tonight. I’m surprised only because when I
saw he was facing the ‘Canes, a team that can score, I half thought
that Lavy was setting up Ilya Bryzgalov with the easier of the two easy
matchups this week. Only the Kings have scored fewer goals than the
Isle, who have just 96 tallies in 40 games (2.3 average).
And here’s your customary hedging on all of the above… They did just
beat the pants off the Red Wings, and if the Flyers let this game get
too caught up in trips to the box, which has been known to happen
between these clubs, it will play into the Islanders strengths.
The Isles boast the fifth best power play in the league, and their PK unit is nothing to sneeze at either (83.5%).
It’s Claude Giroux’s birthday. What better night for the top line to get back on the score sheet.
Can the rookies stay hot? Brayden Schenn could be a sleepy giant
just now getting a grip on his club, and Sean Couturier has potted two
in his last two games. If an opposing side wants to take a single line
out of the game, as was the case with Ottawa against the G Unit, there
are three other groups ready to be the hot shit on any given night.
7:00 pm start from the Island.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money