Jan 12, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
are up on the Island tonight, getting ready to face a club just
slightly ahead of the one they beat in Carolina on Tuesday. The
Islanders are fresh off a 5-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings, which
actually tends to happen more than you’d think. Detroit is one of the
few teams in the league that has trouble beating them. The Flyers are
not, a trend we hope continues tonight.
Sergei Bobrovsky will be rewarded for his stellar play against the
Hurricanes with another start tonight. I’m surprised only because when I
saw he was facing the ‘Canes, a team that can score, I half thought
that Lavy was setting up Ilya Bryzgalov with the easier of the two easy
matchups this week. Only the Kings have scored fewer goals than the
Isle, who have just 96 tallies in 40 games (2.3 average).
And here’s your customary hedging on all of the above… They did just
beat the pants off the Red Wings, and if the Flyers let this game get
too caught up in trips to the box, which has been known to happen
between these clubs, it will play into the Islanders strengths.
The Isles boast the fifth best power play in the league, and their PK unit is nothing to sneeze at either (83.5%).
It’s Claude Giroux’s birthday. What better night for the top line to get back on the score sheet.
Can the rookies stay hot? Brayden Schenn could be a sleepy giant
just now getting a grip on his club, and Sean Couturier has potted two
in his last two games. If an opposing side wants to take a single line
out of the game, as was the case with Ottawa against the G Unit, there
are three other groups ready to be the hot shit on any given night.
7:00 pm start from the Island.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return