Sep 30, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The Flyers tweeted a few pics of goalie Sergei Bobrovsky’s new mask on Friday, and here they are. Unfortunately, the front shot didn’t upload properly to their yfrog, so we don’t have that, but the sides are pretty clear.
On the right side, under a large Flyers logo, there’s a brick wall with his number and initials spraypainted, a style that’s repeated with “BOBS” on his chin (his previous mask also had “BOBS” there). And, on the left side, second picture below, you can see Bob’s kept the fighter jet theme from his previous primary mask.
Looks like he again went with an American fighter and a Russian counterpart, only this time they’re on the same side of the mask rather than on separate US/Russian-themed sides. They’re quite possibly the same planes we detailed extensively in our previous post on his first mask. We haven’t put in the research this time around, but they’re pretty close. Also visible is Kuznetsk Fortress, from Bob’s native Novokuznetsk, as well as a tower of the Kremlin. Both were featured prominently on Bob’s previous mask.
Not the most creative follow-up to last year’s primary hat considering there are so many repeated elements, but it’s still pretty nice.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money