Nov 21, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
The NHL’s poster boy and arguably its best player returned to the ice on Monday night after a 10-month layoff due to the effects of concussions. On his third shift, Crosby scored. And it was pretty sick, a backhander to the near top corner.
Since then, he stayed relatively quiet, with only a pair of assists and one more goal for a four-point night. Here’s the second one, kind of a lucky shot, but the work leading up to it was absolutely amazing.
All seriousness, I can’t stand the sight of this guy, and I reserve the right to complain about special treatment both real and imagined, yet I’m 100% glad he’s back on the ice. Great player, great for the game.
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money