Jan 21, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
Word from the Flyers beat writers earlier in the day was that the Carolina Hurricanes were hoping to avoid a cancellation of tonight’s contest in South Philly and play it as originally scheduled at 7:00 pm. Snow trumped the Hurricanes. The NHL announced shortly after 3:25 pm that the game will be postponed.
The National Hockey League today announced that tonight’s game between the Carolina Hurricanes and the Philadelphia Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia has been postponed. The date on which the game will be made up has yet to be determined.
OFFICIAL: The Flyers game tonight has been postponed.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) January 21, 2014
No new date has been released yet.
Unrelated, Garth Snow had an 6-3 record with a 1.82 GAA against the Carolina Hurricanes throughout his career.
There may not be hockey at the Wells Fargo Center this evening but maybe there will be a snowball fight as the Flyers official Twitter account suggested:
@NHLCanes Snowball fight. Parking lot. Be there.
— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) January 21, 2014
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money