Dec 21, 2011, 10:36 AM EDT
Legendary competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi will compete in 94 WIP’s Wing Bowl 20 next month at the Wells Fargo Center. It will be the first time he has ever competed in Philadelphia’s infamous wing eating competition. He hopes to set a world record.
You may recall from the photo above that Kobayashi participated in an eating stunt at least year’s Wing Bowl but did not compete.
the greatest competitive eater in history, Takeru Kobayashi, in the biggest
competitive eating event in the world is the realization of a dream for me and
everyone at WIP,” morning show host and wing leader Angelo Cataldi said. “Our crowd of 20,000 will finally get to see the great Kobayashi
compete against Philadelphia’s best eaters…Thanks to Kobayashi, Wing Bowl 20
will be our most anticipated and spectacular event ever.”
You can see our photo gallery from last year’s Wing Bowl 19 here.
And our video from the event:
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money