Dec 15, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
Dug out from the classic holiday hockey archives, watch as the 1984-85 Flyers read, “The Night Before Christmas” in the least charismatic way possible. Coach “Iron” Mike Keenan actually seems annoyed he has to deliver some Christmas joy. Ilkka Sinisalo doesn’t seem to have any idea what he’s reading and Brad Marsh looks plain suspicious.
From the hats, hair and weirdo denim, if you weren’t familiar with the legendary ‘84 Flyers (who would have won the Stanley Cup is it weren’t for pesky Wayne Gretzky and the Edmonton Oilers) you might think the organization pulled local truckers off the road.
But while the video is loaded with humorous nostalgia, it’s also extremely depressing to remember just how many members of the ‘84 team are gone — Pelle Lindbergh, Brad McCrimmon, Miro Dvorak, EJ McGuire and Peter Zezel.
Rounding off awkward holiday cheer, the video ends perfectly with Bob Clarke and his incredibly colored sweater vest wishing you a safe and happy holiday. Unless you’re Russian.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return